Date Night Ideas
I don't know about all of the other couples out there but for my husband and I if we don't have some good quality time together we start to get bickery. Up until about two months ago we worked at the same job so we saw each other throughout the day on a regular basis, now since that is not an option we have to make up for it with some good date nights. Since I have been doing some brainstorming on the topic I figured I would throw out my ideas on here for all of you to consider.
1. Audiobooks! One of our favorite ways to spend time together is so simple. Hop in the car with a good audiobook and drive through the western Iowa countryside. It may not involve really in depth conversation but it is so peaceful.
2. Grilling and a movie in. Who doesn't like grilling?! Simple as that.
3. Taking the pup to the dog park. We are totally those people who obsess about our dog. We never thought we would be but we do. Plus he needs some good playtime since he sadly is in his kennel about 40 hours a week while we are at work.
4. Reading comics at a coffee shop. Okay, I know what you are thinking. We are nerds. I am okay with that and I think the man seems to accept that about us as well.
5. Dinner at a new place. Omaha is filled with amazing restaurants, it is so easy to get stuck in the habit of going to the same places over and over again, trying new places can be so exciting and spark some great conversation.
6. James has a new toy and it happens to be his FAVORITE thing in the entire world, after his Mom and myself I hope. Taking rides on the Vespa is starting to grow on my as well so this will be a fun thing for us now that the weather is getting nice.
7. Picnics. Not something that we have done before but I think it is something that I am going to start this year. Maybe keep it simple with a nice charcuterie board and fresh fruit. I will keep you guys posted on how this one goes.
8. I love flowers. A lot. We may go a little crazy when it comes to shopping for them but it is so much fun to wander the garden selection at Menards and look at the selection and picking out our favorites.
9. We have been talking about making hard cider for over a year now. We have bought all of the ingredients but for some reason have not just taken the time to make any. I am determined that this be done soon and seriously how fun will it be once it is made.
10. Planning our yearly vacation. Save the best for last? Ha! We have been debating on our destination for this years trip for a couple of weeks now. Since that has been pretty much determined at this point now we have the the fun task of actually planning out the adventure ahead.